Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Return

A little under two years ago I closed Meta-Minute as I was moved to do so. It felt as if I'd shed some sort of spiritual skin, so that writing about spirituality no longer fit. I expressed an intention to re-open Meta-minute if my feelings changed, and suggested that it become a place to share creative writing. Here we are.

I had a wonderful opportunity to write about my dear friend, Ayesha, for a celebration of her life last month. These are initial impressions, about 20 minutes' worth.

http://lovericebeans.blogspot.com
http://walkingeightfoldpath.blogspot.com

***

Slowly, she salters into the room,

Eyes follow as she sways sideways,

Here to there, there to here,

If you have not paid attention—she has arrived,

Signaled by the fluttering butterflies,

That her steps leave behind.

From her breast comes a throbbing heat,

Enough, you may wonder, will fire roll from her lips?

But, instead, when she speaks,

Her breathe is cool – like a smooth groove at dusk,

Yes, it is cool, like an aged river - running deep,

With a long trace only matched,

By a deliciously sticky presence, and,

Freshly made, love-simmered heartbeat.


***

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Great to see you back! Hope to hear more from you. Now I'm super glad I didn't cancel my subscription. :)